Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Woke up to sirens

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7788995


We live next to this highway, it is a 4 lane, but between us and the highway are trees and a fence.
The part this happened at was in direct line with my front door.
I kept hearing more and more sirens and told DH that it must be a bad accident, I got up and opened the front door and could see a tons of firetrucks, police, ambulances, and a crime scene van, I knew then that somebody had died.
I left to take oldest to school and took our normal route, well they rerouted the on and off exits from that part to down the road I take every morning to school, and then there was a accident on that road, someone pulled out in front of someone, why do people drive so crazy!
It is now 10am and the last of the emergancy crew just left.
Why would someone be walking in the middle of the highway?

If you watch the video, this looked to be quite a while after it happened, they had blocked the road with tons of police cars and firetrucks to keep the other lanes from seeing body parts, and most of the police cars are gone form this picture.

No comments: